Friday, September 7, 2012

Catholic Christian Outreach Members Renew Their Missionary Commitments in Ottawa


On Wednesday evening at St. Theresa's Church I was pleased to gather with the members of CCO stationed in Ottawa at headquarters and as staff at the University of Ottawa and Carleton University.

Fathers Vincent Pereira, pastor, and Father Paul Cormier, who serves at University of Ottawa concelebrated with me and assisted at the renewal of commitment.  Members of CCO, as they do across Canada, prayed the Apostle's Prayer (cf. below).

Following the Mass, there was a ceremony of the renewal of commitment or, in the case of several students present, their first articulation of a willingness to share their faith with their campus fellows. 

A reception followed in the parish hall.  Some pictures follow:







CCO's The Apostle’s Prayer


Lord, when you called Abraham, he responded, “Ready”
When you called Isaiah, he answered, “Here I am Lord.”
When the angel Gabriel called out to Mary, she responded,
“I am the handmaid of the Lord. Let it be done to me according to your word.”
Lord, I hear you calling my name.
I hear you entrusting me with the task of building your kingdom.
Like those holy men and women who have gone before me, I give you my ‘yes’!
I will go anywhere you want me to go.
I will do anything you want me to do.
I will say anything you want me to say.
Holy Spirit I welcome you and ask you to guide me.
Form in me an apostle’s heart filled with love for Christ and zeal for souls.
I will commit myself with courage and generosity to the New Evangelization.
I will build brick-by-brick, the city of God inside the city of man.
Amen.









No comments:

Post a Comment